- Iturbide , the source path is a beautiful 9k loop to discover the foothills of Mount Ursuia and its many sources.
- Bidegaraia is an 11km circuit which will offer you a beautiful sight on the peaks of the Pyrenees, on the Landes forest and on the Atlantic Ocean.
- Haitzeder is a varied hike of 7 km north of Hasparren away from inhabited places, sometimes on the back of gentle panoramic hills, sometimes in the privacy of valleys traversed by streams that were thought to be secret. A loop to forget your watch and take the time to stroll!
- The Adour Valley by bike is an 86 km loop punctuated by belvederes, castles and abbeys with 20 kilometers along the Adour.
- Mount Ursuia , with its 681 m of altitude, offers a panorama of choice on Béarn and the surrounding mountains of Labourd. Its summit, reachable via multiple hiking trails, is quite easily accessible.
- La Rhune , famous mountain of the Basque country, accessible on foot or by small train, you explore the wild fauna and flora that are an integral part of the landscape. At the top, La Rhune offers an exceptional 360° panorama of the Atlantic and Spanish coast as well as the Pyrenees chain.
- La chappelle de l'Aubépine , you can choose to make a round trip on the GR10, or to make a loop of just over 6km. In any case, this hike will guide you through woods, forests and mountains.
- Le pas de roland , a stone's throw from the village of Itxassou, give yourself a timeless break to discover the Nive valley. An ideal spot for oxygenating, regenerating and even cooling off in very hot weather!
The most beautiful hiking trails To admire the landscapes of Hasparren
Typical villages of the Basque Country To visit nearby
It is the only spa resort in the Basque Country whose benefits of its waters are renowned for the respiratory tract and rheumatology. The beauty of the city is revealed through its tree-lined and flower-filled avenues, Basque villas and art deco residences.
Treat yourself to a journey through time in a Bastide classified among the “Most Beautiful Villages in France”. You will discover Labourdin style houses with half-timbering painted red and green and others in Navarrese styles in which stone predominates. This town is home to many craftsmen with exceptional know-how. Finish with the macaron factory to taste the little biscuits made from dried fruits.
Known for the flavor of its chili pepper, Espelette is a picturesque village with a pretty alley lined with artisan shops and local producers. Many pepper workshops offer a visit and a tasting.
This village was built in the form of a bastide with a single street. This main street is a wide road lined with 17th century Labourdin-style half-timbered houses. The main square is organized around the pediment attached to the church. The conservation of these beautiful buildings and the living environment have earned Ainhoa the status of “Most Beautiful Villages in France.”
Located on the way to Santiago de Compostela, its citadel is the first attraction. You can also admire the terraced vines on the mountainside.
Restaurant in the heart of the land Our favorites
- Choko ona , in Espelette, is a starred restaurant that offers local and seasonal cuisine. Flora and Clément will be happy to tell you where the products on the menu come from.
- Joanto's house is homemade and made with passion. This bistronomic offers typical Basque cuisine in a family and friendly atmosphere.
- Ithurria , in Ainhoa. This starred restaurant offers an original menu where fish from the coast rub shoulders with all the gourmet treasures of the Basque-Béarnais repertoire.
- The Ama restaurant , located in Cambo-Les-Bains, is a real invitation to indulge in this warm and lively place. Manon and Adrien will introduce you to a cuisine that combines local produce and creativity.
- Facing the Nivelle valley, in the front row of the spectacle of nature, the chef of L'Auberge Basque offers you a sincere and generous experience.
- Ostalapia combines generous local cuisine and an authentic setting.
- An inexhaustible source of inspiration, at L'Auberge Ostape the 7 Basque provinces punctuate with the seasons a cuisine where the fire subtly reveals tasty land-sea alliances.
- The chef, Henri AMESTOY, of the Art'zain restaurant, offers local cuisine that changes with the seasons. It is traditional and inventive at the same time.
- Argi Eder , this gourmet restaurant in Ainhoa invites you to discover a cuisine with fresh local products. Recipes revisited in search of the right combinations, the best cooking in harmony with refined dressings.